[lit-ideas] Re: So what exactly does one do in Bay Area?

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:29:59 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the suggestions, and I am looking forward
to meeting Andreas. As a traveller, I find I miss the
little things from places I visit, for example if
heaven exists it is a three hour lunch with good
friends in Tuscany. From States, two things: good
bookshops and great coffee in pint sized mugs, both of
which I'll be re-acquianting myself with while trying
to shake off jet-lag.

Anyway, got my flights booked and the whole mess
triggered a mild personal crisis. Not so many years
back, I wouldn't have thought twice about boarding a
one-way flight to say Bombay with no plans what so
ever, and now I freak out because I'll suddenly have a
few days in San Francisco and no plans how to spend
it?! Cages of comfort indeed.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland