[lit-ideas] Re: Snowballs are falling

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:28:21 -0500

Not sure.  My rule of thumb is that good feelings (as long as no one is getting
hurt, including the self) reflect the truth.  Lousy feelings reflect crap that
we learn in childhood.  When people are feeling lousy about themselves (like
they're failures, that kind of thing), guaranteed it's introjected messages
from childhood (read: what their parents told them or what they misunderstood
and blamed themselves in their childish magical thinking way) that they're
hearing in their unconscious and translating into feelings.  Nothing to do with
reality.  That applies only if nobody is getting hurt.  More and more I think
we're all going to die anyway.  Eat the thing, enjoy it and forget about it.
(Just don't hurt yourself or anyone else while doing it.)