[lit-ideas] Re: Snowballs are falling

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:09:48 -0500

The Canadians are laughing, you know.
Northern Canadians especially. (North Bay is one of the dozens of places that touts itself as 'the gateway to the north.')
But I can see the charm...enjoy...
Ursula

Mike Geary wrote:

It's snowing very hard today, giant wet snowflakes that cling to everything. It doesn't snow like this very often in Memphis. They say we average 5 inches a year, but I can't remember any snow for the last 4 years. Everybody gets excited here when it starts these showy snows. The schools are already closed, grocery stores will be packed, most of the local TV news is taken up with announcements of closings and cancellations and postponements. The bars all get filled with merry-makers. Adults turn into children. It's fascinating how a little break in the routine can change so much. Many that's what's going on in the Muslim countries, maybe the cartoons are just snow ti them, they're celebrating. L'chaym, fellas.
Mike Geary
Memphis