[lit-ideas] Re: Snowballs are falling

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:54:52 -0500

Definitely.  I read that Europe is so cold because the melting polar ice
(yes) is cooling off the Gulf stream that warms Europe.  The cooling
process is very rapid, it's thought to take place in even 2 to 3 years.  By
a related mechanism that I don't remember, it also accounts for the warmth
in the northeast U.S.  I only hope that it's still speculation, but the
evidence is increasingly in support of you know what.  Another indicator is
that Lyme disease has been found as far north as Sweden apparently.