[lit-ideas] Re: Snow is white, and Grass is green (Collected Papers by Tarski)

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:44:13 -0800

Andreas said

There are plenty of examples of illogical statements. Just look in the newspapers. Pick a section: Celebrities, Business, or US foreign policy.

Thanks for the tip, but what interested me about the original claim was 'if a statement is illogical, it doesn't mean it is wrong,' so I guess I should have been clearer and asked for an example of an 'illogical' statement that wasn't 'wrong.'

(I'll be out of town until December 20. Walter and I are going to be judging single malts for the annual Bay of Fundy Stupor.)

Robert Paul