[lit-ideas] Re: Slim Pickens

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:32:30 -0800 (PST)

I suppose my logic makes it impossible to answer this.  So, here's the answer
which I'm sure all you smart people out there already know.  It's the Rubaiyat
of Omar Khayyam, first stanza.  That poor guy in Las Vegas can now enjoy his
gum and stockings, no doubt hung by the chimney with care, in peace.  And he
wasn't really keeping tabs.  On the other hand, come to think of it, Santa
keeps tabs on everybody.  Hmm, are you thinking what I'm thinking...

Andy