[lit-ideas] Re: Simone Weil (Was: Kataphatic, Negative and Apophatic Theo...

  • From: Michael Chase <goya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:52:18 -0700

Le 6 ao=FBt 04, =E0 10:13, Paul Stone a =E9crit :

> At 01:06 PM 8/6/2004, you wrote:
>> With Simone I think a lot of it is a matter of intuiting.
>
> If you have to 'intuit', then she ain't saying much is she?

Mr. Stone, as a hard-headed, no-nonsense scientist, you are obviously=20
much better suited than an artsy-fartsy pantywaste like Weil to talk=20
about the *real* wolrd, which is of course only studied by *hard=20
science*. Would you please be so kind, therefore, as briefly to explain=20=

what gravity really is? I've never been able to grasp the concept, no=20
doubt because I too am a limp-wristed macram=E9-and-granola-type pinko,=20=

rather than a macho scientist like you.

Michael Chase
(goya@xxxxxxxxxxx)
CNRS UPR 76