[lit-ideas] Re: Should Chirac join Bush in oblivion?

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:15:16 -0400

Judy writes: "To say 'Saint Chirac' is to insult them.  (But they are
accustomed to that.)

The phrase "Saint Chirac" was originally used in this forum, long ago,
by Michael Chase, in reference to Chirac's opposing Bush's Iraq war
plans. You are therefore accusing Michael Chase of insulting the French,
so you better take it up with him.

Earlier in her post, Judy wrote that my her post was related to mine as
" In the same way as -- and as much as -- your post relates to Didier's.
Not that mine was intended to relate directly to the contents of his
post or your response."

I see. I posited that the French may have reasons to dispose of their
leader, just as Americans have to dispose of Bush. Your interpolation of
American consumption and waste is somehow equally germane to the
discussion? How so? Because the French are less extravagantly
consumer-driven, they are not subject to the same appeals to justice,
such as Didier gave?