[lit-ideas] Re: Sherlock Holmes on knowledge of the solarsystem

  • From: "Edward Gleason" <egleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 06:37:15 -0400

Andy wrote:

Every teenage girl uses the complexities of astrology to knowledge who to pick
for a date.

Every teenage girl, Andreas?   Damn!
I was under the delusion that appearance was the principal determining factor
as to who/whom
a teenage girl chose for a date.   If I had known that astrology, not physical
attraction, was the
deciding factor, I could have forged my charts and enjoyed much more success
than I had.

Or do facts not work in your world?

You got me there.   Facts tend to be such cold, rigid things.  I much prefer the
flexibility of figments.    Who wouldn't prefer the Garden of Eden and its
talking snakes
to the quiet broth of chemolithoautotrophs?