[lit-ideas] Re: Sharing god moments with Mohamed

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:19:30 -0700

"Dear parents and students," begins Julia's letter from her new French
teacher, which I now reproduce exactly. "My name is Mohamed [name removed]
and I come from Belgium.  This year, I will be teaching French in the 6th,
7th and 8th grades.  I will also teach the French 2 in the 7th grade
International Track.  I am much looking forward to teaching and sharing god
moments with during this school year."

Well he would, wouldn't he?

I am catching up with all your doings.  I was completely sandbagged by
Mike's Anti-Poem.  Like most of you, no doubt, I can't think of anything
useful to say in response, and so I merely send good wishes.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon