[lit-ideas] Re: Shadows, Fog, and Money

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:30:26 -0400

NOW.
> Now, is not too bad. Who gives a toss what's going to happen in 50 years.
> That's all I meant.

A.A. Wow, do you have a misconception of atheism.  By your definition
atheists can't like history either.  Yes, I said "here and now" in the
sense that if we atheists don't do it here and now, God isn't going to do
it later.  Religious people get a second chance in the afterlife.  Not only
that, to a religious person this little puny little life is a throwaway,
the preparation for the real thing.  On top of that, religious people usurp
morality, implying that people are too dim to figure out the difference
between right and wrong if daddy isn't there to tell them what to do.

> AA: Ever think pigs might be stardust too and this might be cannibalism?
>
> Maybe you better get Judy to look up the meaning of cannibalism for ya.

A.A.  Humans are supreme.  Only humans are allowed into heaven.  God gave
humans dominion over the animals.  We're a species distinguished by our
hubris.  BTW, I'm still waiting to hear what you think the words "we are
stardust" mean.  Merriam Webster online (still free) defines stardust as a
feeling or impression of romance, magic, or ethereality.  I was hoping that
your quoting it along with going back to the garden implied a sense of
interconnectedness of life. But you're a Republican, so that's just
romantic thinking on my part.

> ANyone else notice that what used to be free webster's has now gone to
pay?
> WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!
>
> >Nah, you're a Republican.
>
> HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH choke, spit, cough. You're a funny
guy.

A.A. Give me a reason to change my opinion.

Andy Amago