[lit-ideas] Re: Seventy years ago today

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 01:21:47 +0200

if it were the other book, i probably have needed to.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i googled it after about 2 minutes. life is short.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know it was one of Christopher Hitchens' favorite books!

;-)
On Aug 18, 2015 2:59 PM, "David Ritchie" <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 17, 2015, at 1:25 AM, epostboxx@xxxxxxxx wrote:

We all know this famous piece of literature, published 70 years ago
today.

How many of us would recognize it from the following quotations?

I confess to failure. I suppose this indicates that we remember what we
choose, and I choose the horse.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon,
where some animals were farmed during the writing of