[lit-ideas] Re: Serious vs Modern

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 00:19:41 EST

I think it only works if you look for yourself.

Or look for your self.

Looking for another's self which cannot be found seems a losing
proposition...

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Serious vs Modern
 Date: 12/28/2006 6:06:17 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 12/29/06, Robert  Paul <_rpaul@xxxxxxxxx (mailto:rpaul@xxxxxxxx) > wrote:
I  see that an Amazon search for 'Susan Langer' turns up books by
Susanne K.  Langer. (A search for 'Phil Enns' turns up Time, Space,
Truth, Meaning, and  Beauty: a Modern Approach.)

Professor Paul, something very mysterious is happening. You say "A  search
for 'Phil Enns' turns up Time, Space,Truth, Meaning, and Beauty: a Modern
Approach." I have just tried searching both _Amazon.com_ (http://amazon.com/)
and
_Powells.com_ (http://powells.com/) , and both tell me that they cannot  find
this item.

If, however, Phil can confirm that he is the author and  you or Phil  provide
the publication details, I will do my best to buy,  find and read it.

John

--
John McCreery
The Word Works,  Ltd., Yokohama, JAPAN