[lit-ideas] Re: Sensitive Poet

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:00:12 -0700

On Mar 25, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Omar Kusturica wrote:

> It wasn't meant to be malicious, only slightly humorous... the reference to
> the Flood was an allusion to Katrina and the Bush administration's 'response'
> to it... am I wrong that you used to live in New Orleans ? Also, it may be
> that you said things about it that I missed, I wasn't following the convo
> closely in the last few years.
>
> O.K.

I couldn't tell what you meant, but now I understand.  I must have mentioned
New Orleans in one of my rambles; it's true that I lived there...for three
weeks or so...and did experience a hurricane, but long before Katrina.

I hope you haven't seen Eddie Izzard on the subject of the flood.  For then you
may have a treat in store:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3REuen54jA

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon