[lit-ideas] Re: Sense and its Sums

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:33:43 -0800

Further in the same student essay, I'm told there's a website where you can learn how many people in Afghanistan are currently writing about or have recently written about feeling hairy or happy or huge:

http://www.wefeelfine.org/

This, only one day after once again considering in class E. H. Carr's notion that some things don't count as historical facts because they are too trivial. I gave as an example, flies laying eggs in Mongolia in April of 1562. Ha! Now that we know how often Tamil males under the age of ten who have access to computers express irritation at not finding fine rhymes, we shall have to revise our notion of available data. If not history.

David Ritchie
feeling his way forward in
Portland, Oregon