[lit-ideas] Re: Seduction, Not Force, That's Where It's At

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:05:45 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2006 12:38:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx writes:

No  question about it, you are being targeted.

HI, <g>

I know and it is creepy to me. I understand that Andreas likes the
time-saving aspect of knowing that those 'watching' him are able to give him
what he
wants when he wants it. The practical part of that is okay.  THAT  part of me
wishes that the US gov't would have just pretended to be advertisers  of some
sort or a company doing advertising for some pornographic company and  paid
Google $$ to get the searches that child molesters key in ...

But, the private part of me--the one which values privacy, the one which
would prefer that no one know what I am looking at, or am in need of, etc.
would
prefer that those "watching" would not know...

Granted, I have trust issues and am a bit cynical.  And, I know that
advertising/marketing/trendwatching has always been trying to figure out a way
anticipate your needs/wants/desires before you even know you have them (or at
the same time you do-) I know all that...

My only saving grace is that I look at too much stuff for others as well as
myself--so if "they" are doing anything, it's putting me in the wrong box.
Granted, it's one I might never get out of and so won't be very
comfortable--but
 the part of me which does not like feeling watched and so forth--knows that
there are two ways to hide things. One is to really hide it well (ie not ever
 use your own computer--just a library's or other public access one and not
use  email, etc) OR to hide it in plain site but with fourteen million other
things...

So--yes, I'm being targeted. Sort of. "They" just don't know it is not
really ME that they want--they really want Shelly and Rhonda and Sally and Joe
and
Pete and Sam.  Unfortunately, all of those people are into the major  privacy
issues aspect and talked me into making myself vulnerable.

But, that's okay. And, though I am more likely not to run but to explain
life [which would cause those holding the gun to run <g>], still, I've got
Sparky here to defend me!

Best,
Marlena in Missouri