[lit-ideas] Re: Security Forces in Iraq

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:29:44 +0100

>a tremendous problem with special
>operations people leaving service to work in Iraq

the SAS and SBS could face that too -- certainly people are asking to
leave them (not, take leave) to go to Iraq.  (The SAS is fighting alongside
US special forces in Northern Iraq, but they're regular SAS.)

"These ex-SAS men don't come cheap. David Claridge, managing
director of London-based Janusian Security Risk Management, t
old the Chicago Tribune that clients can expect to pay up to $10,000
a day for top-of-the-line service that would include four armed guards
and two armored vehicles.

These men can earn as much as a $250,000 a year--"