[lit-ideas] Scientific Method Dead! Postmodernism Not the Villain! Could it be?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lit-Ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ANTHRO-L <ANTHRO-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 03:47:49 +0900

The following article struck me with particular force because I am now using
a variety of sophisticated data analysis tools, most notably DataDesk and
Pajek, to explore the masses of data accumulated in the Tokyo Copywriters
Club annual, which has been published every year since 1963. There is far
more data here than I could even begin to get my head around unaided, but
even my first attempts at exploratory data analysis are turning up
interesting (well, to me at least) findings.
Anyway, here's the article.

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-07/pb_theory

Thoughts anyone?

John