[lit-ideas] Re: School Daze/The Modern World

  • From: "Franz Fuchs" <f.fuchs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:07:44 +0200

> > Used CRTs are extremely cheap. You can buy used high-quality CRTs for
> > $10-20. Nobody wants them.
>
> Yes, CRTs are cheap but they use up a lot more energy than LCD
> displays, at least two times, maybe even three or four times as
> much. Therefore your CRT could become expensive.

I have to apologize for not mentioning to whom I was replying. It was
Andreas.

Best regards
FrF

Now Reading: http://www.overcomingbias.com/2007/08/making-history-.html, the
latest blog entry from the brilliant AI researcher Eliezer Yudkowsky
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliezer_yudkowsky). Here's a recent podcast
interview with him: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=6029