[lit-ideas] Re: Say wha?

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:22:59 -0500

Thanks!  Yes, the light of the end of the tunnel is just barely starting to
be a pinpoint of light.  When I was young, I used to use cement blocks and
particle board for makeshift bookcases -- cement blocks used to be a dime a
dozen.  No more!

 It's going to be challenging sharing a home with Elena -- she turns 18 next
month and you know teenage moods, etc.  I'm sure there will be plenty of
flare-ups, but she's got this great room in the finished basement (no, I did
not make her live in the basement -- all her friends say they sleep in the
basement -- there seems to be a thing about teen caves these days) and she
can go down there, watch tv, use her computer, and cool off any time she
wants.  The house is large enough to provide a good deal of privacy for both
of us, which I think is going to be the key to this working.  We generally
get along very well, but every Mother-daughter pair has it's share of
clashes -- esp. with a teen.  I'm really anxious for her to get all the way
moved in.  She's kinda doing it in stages since school started yesterday.
 I'm thrilled to have her around.  I think it'll be great for our
relationship to grow more.  She's really a great, energetic, responsible
kid.

Julie Krueger