[lit-ideas] Re: Saturday Poem (without the annoying,computer-generated interjections)

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:42:33 -0500

Like all dissolute reprobates, I've dreamed of owning a pub most of my life.
But, as Richie has discovered, the key to pubbery is the name.  I never
could decide among Failed Revolution, Out On Day Pass, Pariah's A Go-Go, The
Draft Board, Yellow Snow, Down And Dirty or Mike's Mistake.   Ergo, I sit in
a dive at Belvedere and Madion, uncertain and still undecided.  Exiled
Thucydides knew what was in a name.

Mike Geary
Memphis