[lit-ideas] Re: Saturday Poem

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:07:39 -0500

David...David...David...I do like your turn of mind.

Do reconsider "Earth" for the Planet of the Year Competition.

Because the response has been great
You've overlooked one trait
We can make you an offer you can't refuse
Try as you might, you can't defuse
The button we've labelled "Fate"

(my son just read this, and he opined that there was potential here...but...)
Ursula

david ritchie wrote:

A note from...

Thank you for submitting "Earth" to the Planet of the Year competition.
As you may have heard, we have been overwhelmed by the response to our call for entries.
I'm sorry to report that "Earth" is not among the finalists,
though the humor is most enjoyable.
We were intrigued by your premises,
but the overall concept is too slight and unfocused,
and perhaps a little too adult,
with an ending that's disappointing.
Sincerely yours,
E. Rex.