[lit-ideas] Re: Sarah Palin gets the spiteful Margaret Thatcher treatment

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 12:58:49 +0900

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Lawrence Helm
<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  No, no.  The point is I was commenting upon the mean-spirited personal
> attacks against her after having heard her speech twice.  How could anyone
> not realize how brilliant she was?  How?

Lawrence,

I make my living in the company of bullshit artists. Some of them sound
pretty good, too. And I've been in enough sound studios to know that a
decent actor who is not the brightest tool in the shed can sound terribly
intelligent reading the prepared script.  (And, no, the teleprompter didn't
fail. That rumor has already been debunked.)

Justt by the way, how do you reconcile all that red meat last night with
John McCain's sounding so much like Barack Obama calling for a change in
Washington that involves healing bipartisan divisions,  and trying to make
it sound like he cares as much about the little guy (when he's all about
more tax breaks for the rich and has voted with screw-you Bush 90% of the
time)?

Did you check fivethirtyeight.com? Current EV projection is 310.6 (O) to
227.4 (M).

John

--
John McCreery