[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM/Macgillonies of Strone

  • From: "Steven G. Cameron" <stevecam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:37:20 -0400

David Ritchie wrote:

> Thank you for your responses yesterday.
>
> And from these we conclude?  The idea of limitless wine appeals to people.
> Female pirates are currently a bit of a hot subject; type "women pirates"
> into Amazon's search engine and you'll see.  Thanks, though, to Steve
> Cameron for telling me which among these books is worth attention.
>
> Slighty unfortunate name, Cameron.

**My father thought his former one (Cohen) was even more unfortunate and
changed it soon after being decommissioned from his WWII navy service --
a couple of years before marriage and starting our family.  He said he'd
grown tired of the abuse suffered, picked on, for being the sole sailor
on his ship who was Jewish -- and decided not to carry the (then) stigma
into his professional realm.  How he came to choose Cameron is
interesting. "Cohanim," of course, has a better known, historical
derivation.

TC,

/Steve Cameron, NJ

. Lowland name associated with three