[lit-ideas] Re: SUNDAY POEM

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Geary <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:04:09 -0230

OK, my turn ...

(In a *Cheap Detective*, Peter Falk voice:)

Listen shweedhard, I'm talkin'. I got dis problem, shee. No, I don't mean dat
problem, keep yer mits to yerself. This broad who got shweet on me awhile back,
shee, she just kicked the bucket an' I'm shtuck with her only sole possession
in
de world: a white 1987 Brougham Cadillac. And it's a V-8 kid, just like you. I
can't handle eider one o' you. Perfect condition on the outside. Der ain't no
rust in Arizona. Ledder seats are in very good condition. Real wood panelling
on the dashboard, know what I mean? Gorgeous ta look at, jus' like yours, but
don't get any ideas. Back seats you'd love to bring your boyfriends to. No
liquor cabinet, but you can't have everyt'ing can you.

Question is, how do I go about getting rid of the beast? Boys downtown say you
know the ins and outs of somethin' called "e-bay." All I know about bays, is
dat's where we trow the bodies of Ratso's boys. But dis bay is somewhere 'round

"Online."  Never hoid of anyplace round here called dat. So, c'mon, cough it up.
I want a few grand for it an' you're shtandin' in my way. And don't lie to me
shweedhard, or you'll be in the bay, the kind I knows sometin' about,
know what I mean?  I wanna solve this, before the Frenchie guy or the Chinese
guy who never says his damn prepositions hears about dis.  I'm countin' on ya.
By da way, tell da butler, he needs more shtamps.

Walter O.
Sam Spade Chair of Forensic Literature
Arizona State University
Glendale, AZ