[lit-ideas] Re: STOP THE PRESS -- WEATHER HAS BEEN DECLARED!

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 16:47:10 -0400

>>Do the local TV stations where you (Lit-Id listers) live, stop the world when there are severe weather warnings?

Have them all the time in NYC. Refer to them as "Granny Alerts." Some people may call them, "vital information."

The eye of a hurricane passed over Manhattan in the late '90s. I had to go out. Walked to the Hudson around 72nd. It was wonderful! Horizontal rain that stung when it hit! Winds tumbling trashcans. Though wearing a rain poncho, I was soaked.

Along the Hudson is a bike path. As the eye of the hurricane passed over, there was a guy riding a bike back and forth. Amazing that he could keep his balance. Must have been doing it for the exercise.

Yours in Granny Alerts,
Mousey McTremble