[lit-ideas] Re: SOMEDAY'S POEM ANNOUNCEMENT

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:57:36 -0700

on 7/19/04 6:03 AM, Mike Geary at atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The ever elusive Someday's Poem kudo goes to David Ritchie for his brilliant
> "Drowning in Plums."  Congrats to David.

I am just plum touched, near dumbstruck.

May I thank a few random people who appeared in this Sunday's newspaper: the
Stubbs-Gumps, the Stout-Bergerons, the Schrum and Pindars, also Helen
Johnson, born Martha Wilhemina Minx in Berlin in 1896, who probably became
"Helen Johnson," (there is only one marriage listed and that was to a
Dahlstrom) at Ellis Island?  Turned 108 on July 20, she is clearly no minor
Minx.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon