[lit-ideas] Re: SOMEDAY A POEM

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:14:49 -0700

Ooh, ooh, I get to do a factual correction, or at least I would if I knew the facts, but alas in addition to no Latin and Greek, I have no biology. My impression, however, is that lizards, like many people, are not very active at dawn, so dew drinking would be right out. Don't they, like snakes, need time to warm up?

Maybe they're drinking the dawn dew that has lasted until say ten, when the sun has warmed them sufficiently but not yet managed total evaporation of same?

I really like the third stanza.

David Ritchie,
the Darwin Institute
Galapagos Road