[lit-ideas] Re: SECOND FRIDAY POEM

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:38:04 EDT

<<ERIC:  Hey, I'm not being competitive. Just wanted to send a lot of
poems. Boorish  maybe, but competitive? Never.>>

Poetry is one of the very few  things, beauties, that convinces me humans are
worth existing, when all else is  ugly and painful.  Today was a very, very
good day to receive an infusion  of Beauty.  I'm glad you posted the poems.
I'm particularly struck by  Ira Sadoff's -- I don't know why I don't know him,
but I must look for more of his stuff.  "Apocalypse at Work" works equally
perfectly well as Apocalypse at Home, btw.  I absolutely love it.

Julie  Krueger
recognizing the first sentence  is unutterably cumbersome and awkward but
with no real motivation to fix  it.

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: SECOND FRIDAY POEM
 Date: 4/22/05 4:11:01 P.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PAUL: Now... I'm going to be forced to include one  of my OWN "poems from
the drawer" as well so as to keep with the  Yosts's