[lit-ideas] Re: Russian?

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:13:56 -0400

My daughter is in Russia (Izhevsk) right now. If it's short enough (or important enough), I could forward something to her for translation. She's teaching English at a middle school there so could ask one of the other teachers, perhaps. Also, WORD 2003 has a translation feature of sorts. Quirky, but could give you an idea perhaps. (Evidence of quirkiness: I sent Kate a little Russian note and used this. One sentence was "Dad is cooking supper." It gave me a Russian translation (in Cyrillic). She said she understood it. Just now, though, I translated the Cyrillic from that email back into English and got "Pope supper cooks.") . Ursula,
babblefishing in North Bay