[lit-ideas] Re: Russia in 1918

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:03:53 -0500

>>Where would we be today if we didn't invade
Iraq?

By now, Saddam's corruption and bribery campaign would probably have led to the relaxation of sanctions against his regime. The expensive US/UK overflights of Iraq might still be going on, and the Kurds might still have some measure of protection. Hard to say about that.

However, Saddam would still be sitting on his oil wealth, waiting for his PR campaign to compel the end of sanctions. At the end of sanctions, he could restart his WMD facilities, with Uday and/or Qusay in the wings, ready to take over control of the oil-rich nation.

Several US presidents from now, the West would have to deal with filthy-rich psychotic Iraqi President Uday, and his arsenal of anthrax, ebola, ricin, aflatoxin, vx-nerve gas, and nuclear weapons.