[lit-ideas] Re: Rumsfeld

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 01:39:11 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/2004 12:59:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mccreery@xxxxxxx writes:
Give the man a rifle and put him on patrol in Fallujah.
If Rumsfelfd were under 30, he probably would be there.
How do we know Rumsfeld blew off General Shinseki's troop assessment?  I
always thought the strategic scope of the war was between Myers, Franks, Bush,
and
Cheney--with Rumsfeld acting more as expedititor-manager than as huckster of
battle plans. Is there evidence that he and Wolfowitz are a cabal? What's the
dirt on Rummy?