[lit-ideas] Re: "Roughly speaking" (Was: Wittgenstein)

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 28 May 2004 09:54:36 PDT

>One can always [Robert Paul should have typed "also" here instead <of>
"always," but "also" is wrong in any case]...<

Yes, I should have; that is to say, that is what the text reads. It isn't clear
to me why 'also' is 'wrong in any case' though. 'One can imagine, as well...'--?
'But one can imagine, too...'--? The sense is that we have one example, and we
can imagine another, similar to it.

'Man kann sich aber auch denken,...' = ?

Thanks to Richard for his comments.

Robert Paul
Reed College