[lit-ideas] Re: Rortyana

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:13:44 -0600

Yes, thank you, JL, but, of course, I've already not read all the books and
papers on your recommended reading list.  Same old stuff.  Same old
vocabulary.  I'm looking for an insight into insight itself.  A cite that
cites itself? (ain't I clever)  Words of inherent meaning, that's what I'm
looking for.  Yes, indeed.  That's for sure, I search for something that
will jump out at me, like God grabbing hold of your shirt front and shaking
some sense into you,  a purpose that puts an end to my searching for
something to search for.  I tried God, thank you, but He was too
self-absorbed to hear my prayer.  God is the IS of isness as He Himself
says of Himself and He is much too busy ising Himself into being to take
notice of me and my *IS* complaints.  And Heidegger?  Ha!  Says he:
"Apophantic", "aletheia".  Well, you know where you can put those words,
Herr Heidegger.  Into the dustbin of "*ain't I so special with my oh so
special words?"* Anyway, thank goodness, life is just as much fun without
meaning as it is with it and maybe even more so.  So sayeth the Sayer.