[lit-ideas] Re: Rome in 389-386 B.C. -- seeking peace

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:56:35 +0100 (BST)

Lawrence

so your argument is that it's only wrong to support Hussein when the US does
not support it?  I thought the argument against backing Hussein was a moral
one, too.

My focus on France was France.  France sided with Germany during World War II.
After the war, De Gaulle declared the Vichy government to be illegitimate.
Thus, he successfully avoided France being lumped with Germany as Western
antagonists during WWII.
<<<<<<<<<<<<

I fail to see how

He, De Gaulle, was therefore free to disallow and take no responsibility for
anything the Vichy government did.

can be seen as anything other than an attack on de Gaulle and an implication he
should be held to account for Vichy.  But if it is not, what is it?

Judy Evans, Cardiff

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lit-ideas] Rome in 389-386 B.C. -- seeking peace
To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>