[lit-ideas] Re: Robinson Crusoe Meets Friday

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 23:01:56 -0700

On Sep 4, 2015, at 12:33 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

Language is the human of human existence. It is as much meant to be played
with as used to work with. In fact, I proclaim that FUN is its first
purpose. Second, I say, is to communicate feelings, third to create humor
that makes our souls sparkle, fourth and non-finally, to communicate ideas.
Amen.

I'd write, "Brill," but the rules (or is that grandma?) simply don't allow.
She's not been the same since we took her [insert harmless but amusing familiar
object here] away. Fortunately you and I share a history of extreme outdoor
punctuation and ballooning, so tomorrow let's fly up through the utmost fear,
up wearing what ants most fear, let's go fly an ammonite. Maybe you'll agree
that the game's afoot and proof is still positive, but I could be mistaken.
The planet, after all, is warming.

David Ritchie,
c/o The Gentlemen's Belle Trajectory,
Waco