[lit-ideas] Robert Boyce Brandom -- "U. S. Citizen" -- Born March 13, 1950

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:50:57 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2009 5:16:44 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
wokshevs@xxxxxx writes:
Just spent a few hours on our  sun-drenched deck reading the Preface to
Robbie
Brandom's *Making it  explict*. Alas, I'm no wiser as a result. But since
Juergen (Habermas)  devotes an entire chapter of his most recent book to a
critical analysis of  that book, who am I to suggest it's a waste of time?
Would
much appreciate  guidelines, maps, hermeneutic strategies or suitable GPSs
unlocking the  foirbidden secrets of Robbie's text. (Is that the same
Brandom
who wrote an  essay entitled "Heidegger's Categories"? Oh, HIM again!)

-----

I suppose it's common practice, but he's so explicit about things: middle
name, aspect of his long beard, full date of birth -- and profession of his
wife.

But no mention of birth-place.

This reminds me of that hateful man who is still asking to see a copy of
the birth-certificate of the president of Kenya!

What's wrong with saying you were born in Puerto Rico?

Cheers,

J L Speranza
   Buenos Aires, Argentina
fingertips.