[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:22:03 -0500

Judy:<The court papers list instances of rehabilitative care, arranged by
Michael Schiavo, during those years. (This url posted by someone else to
another list).>

This just shows all the lies that are told re this.  I heard several people
say on TV that the poor woman never had any rehabilitative care.  Hard to
have believed that since she had been in this condition for fifteen years.
Sadly, most people seem to get their information from TV.

Veronica

Schiavo
> CK> did not receive the medical care or the rehabilitative care during
the first
> CK> few years after her injury.
>

> The court papers list instances of rehabilitative care, arranged by
> Michael Schiavo, during those years. (This url posted by someone else to
another list).

> http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html    (see Timeline, I
> quote,
>
> and
>
> http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/trialctorder02-00.pdf
>
> Greer's first judgment
>
> pp. 2-3
>

> CK> Indeed, the cause of her heart stopping is only
> CK> a guess.There's no medical history of her supposed eating disorder;
that was
> CK> something the media seized upon over the last two years.
>

> Was the potassium imbalance a guess?
>

> CK>  When Terri was
> CK> admitted to the hospital, she also had broken bones. Nobody has come
up with
> CK> a reason for this, but Jeb Bush found the hint of domestic violence
(more
> CK> than a hint, from those who knew Terri and Michael) very disturbing.
The
> CK> possibility that Michael, the guardian, was an abusive husband--who
may have
> CK> caused this injury--is terrifying.
>
> Yes -- it is.
>
> CK> Then there's the mysterious matter of Michael never having mentioned
during
> CK> the malpractice trial--no, not even once--that Terri would not have
wanted
> CK> to be kept alive like that.
>
> I'd say his statement to that effect is weak, the Guardian ad Litem
> thought so too.  But Greer believed the (supporting) testimony of
> Scott Schiavo and Joan Schiavo reliable. I'd say what is lacking here
> is a lawyer appointed by the government to argue Terri Schiavo's case.
>

> CK>  The idea popped into his head only after he had
> CK> the money.
>

> and the idea that he might not be looking after Schiavo well popped
> into his parents' heads only after he got the money.
>

> CK> And that's not the half of it. The whole thing is damned sad and
awful.

> It most certainly is.
>
> CK> Marlene's right, though, about the fears of the disability community.
Those