[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:27:31 +0100

Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 5:14:28 AM, Veronica Caley wrote:

VC> Judy,re suing Michael Schiavo, thanks for the information.  I hadn't heard
VC> or read it. I also just read that the Schindlers sold the names of their
VC> supporters to a right wing group, or they gave it for free  and now the
VC> supporters will be asked to contribute more money to right wing
VC> organizations.

They joined forces with a Right To Life leader who's fairly
well-known, I think that must be it. An associate of his is in jail
for murdering a doctor who carried out abortions.

VC> I read your answer about twenty minutes after I read in a British paper (I
VC> only get the headline) that they are contemplating inserting a feeding tube
VC> into the Pope.

They've done it.

but at least we can be fairly clear what the Pope believes (and he does
seem still to be able to express his views by gesture), also, the
Papacy as it exists now requires a pretence that the Pope is fully
alive till officially proclaimed dead.

The parents have again petitioned for the feeding tube to be
reinserted, and the court will hear the case. I've looked at almost
all the available evidence by now: the neurologist they hired,
who said Schiavo wasn't PVS (who says he has a new method of
treating stroke victims) is not really a credible
witness. (I haven't the time to give the reasons now.)

I see that still, people are focussing on this case, not on Texas.

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx