[lit-ideas] Re: Rhetoric and reality on Iran

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:58:15 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, but that was before the Soviets turned the game
into a science. The theoretical knowledge that was
available to Lasker or Nimzovitch was probably
inferior to that possessed by an average FIDE master
today. (Or an average chess program.)

As for Alekhine's professional discipline, it is said
that he used to defeat a bottle of vine at breakfast.
(Something I could sympathize with.)

O.K.

--- Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  >>Maybe that was the place to live in, Eric.
>
> Probably the 1920s, in Europe or America, would be
> the best
> place to set my chess time machine. Lasker was still
> around
> and you also had the innovators like Reti and
> Nimzovitch.
>
> It would have been something to see Capablanca play
> Alekhine, no?

> vacation on/off,
> digest on/off), visit
> www.andreas.com/faq-lit-ideas.html

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre