[lit-ideas] Re: Rhetoric and reality on Iran

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:54:32 -0500

>>Shogi is much more complex.

When I was in college, a friend brought me a shogi set from Japan. Andreas is right. It is incredibly complex; pieces not only promote in various ways, they can also be placed throughout the board.

Of course, my friend and I were playing so-called "minor Shogi." The "major Shogi" played by Japanese masters involves many more pieces and a few more hair-pulling rules.