[lit-ideas] Re: Research Motive Theory?

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:22:00 -0330

David may be interested to know that here at the Max Planck Institut in Wolfau,
Austria we have not only identified the gene that causes people to study genes
but have been cloning that gene for many years now. In the 60s we started with
simple things like cloning photosynthesis genes into bacteria, and then we
moved on to putting pesticide resistence genes into tomatoe plants and
pineapples, and oil producing genes into bacteria. Thus has Newfoundland become
world famous for bumper crops of tomatoes and pineapples, really cheap gasoline
and a very large sociobiology department with a focus on producing faculty
interested in the genetic makeup of faculty who study the genetic makeup of
faculty who study all or at least one of the above dispositions.

I may perhaps be permitted to mention that one highly curious personality trait
of cloned faculty is the tendency to steal the petri dishes from the labs. This
trait was not displayed by any of the organisms usesd as sources of the original
DNA. So if anyone has a few hundred dishes to spare, please do pass them along
to the address below.

Returning you now to your previously scheduled programming on the nature of
logical contradiction (or not).

Herr Doktor Professor Vladsimir O'Koshevesky
Department of Molecular Biology and Ethnomethodological Sociology
Max Planck Institut of Theoretical Science and Commercial Applications
Wolfau, Austria

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2011.php