[lit-ideas] Re: Research Down Under

  • From: Francis Xavier Holden <fxholden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:14:58 +1000

At 06:53 PM Wednesday 13/06/2007, you wrote:
Seriously weird (all of it), wasn't the reearch
unethical?

Hello. I have just returned to lurking here after an absence of some years.

The whole story of this episode hasn't really come together for me yet.

You might like to read how it's been looked at here in OzBlogisthan.

I'd even urge you to peruse the blogs a bit further than this topic for a glimpse of the views on almost everything from this part of the planet.

http://www.freedomtodiffer.com/freedom_to_differ/2007/06/free_speech_and.html

http://larvatusprodeo.net/2007/06/12/qut-the-university-for-the-surreal-world/

http://andrewbartlett.com/blog/?p=1522

http://johnquiggin.com/index.php/archives/2007/06/11/where-does-academic-freedom-end/

The two main aca actors have made at least two YOUTUBE vids defending themselves. You can find the YOUTUBE links inside the blog articles.

Francis Xavier Holden
fxholden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://landownunder.blogspot.com/