[lit-ideas] Re: Religious Music

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:41:44 +0000

The site's accessible here now, Steven.  Comic Relief e-mailed me
about it; I see my statement that they give all the money they get to
charity was true, I was e-mailed by a volunteer.

SGC> **The problem may be related to licensing issues with this site.  To
SGC> participate in some sections, an annoying pop-up process began,
SGC> requiring both registration with the site and then acceptance by MS
Windows.

They were redoing the site, it seems, but may not have realised people
in the US could still access it. There shouldn't be a popup except for
people who download the Keane "video" (which is in fact the audio of
the video shown in the TV program), that's a worrying one because it
looks as though you'll have to pay to download the music but in fact
it's a cunning plot to get your name for makepovertyhistory!

For people who don't know: Make Poverty History is a campaign to lobby
the G8 when they meet here -- but carries on after that -- the idea is
to go beyond discrete appeals for money for charities.

Thank you for all your help

Judy

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx