[lit-ideas] Re: Religion/Stated, was Vote Bush if...

  • From: "Didier Agid" <dagid@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:31:09 +0200

There are only 2 countries where religion and State are officially
separeted, and where the separation is written in the Constitution : France
and... Turkey.
"God bless American" equivalent ("Dieu benisse la France") is unthinkable in
a presidential speech. Still, we are the Western country where citizens take
their religion less seriously. Sorry, I can't follow you this time...
Didier