[lit-ideas] Re: Religion/Stated, was Vote Bush if...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:20:02 -0400

I'm not sure the two and two here add up to four.   There are too many
other factors at play.   Besides, even if it were true, the religious
establishment, as opposed to the followers, wouldn't lose interest --
and they'd make life hell for lots of people if they had the power to
remake the country in their image.  The faction of Christians who would
want this kind of power seem to me exactly the same as the faction of
Muslims that want that kind of power.   And it was Lord Acton.
Ursula,
in too much of a hurry to neaten this note up...