[lit-ideas] Re: Religion and politics

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:39:08 -0700

Mike,

You thought when I began my note “Nonsense Veronica,” I was writing to you.
I forgot that you went by the name “Veronica” at times.  Sorry for the mix
up.

Actually, I was responding to a note by Veronica Calley.  You must have her
blocked.  She is the one who was concerned about the religious beliefs of
our candidates.  And since she was vitally concerned about Sarah Palin’s
beliefs, I expanded the subject a bit to take in Obama’s as well.

Yeah, your right, why would Jeremiah Wright, someone who pastored a church
Obama went to for many years possibly have any influence on Obama.  Heck,
Obama went to Harvard.  How could his less well educated pastor possibly
have any influence on him.  When Obama called Wright his mentor he was
probably being condescending and patronizing.

Whereas Palin only attended State sponsored colleges and so is perforce more
susceptible to religious instruction.

No, no, you needn’t go any further, I quite see your point.

I apologize once again . . . Mike!

Lawrence