[lit-ideas] Re: Regina Spektor

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:07:09 -0700

On Jun 10, 2007, at 1:05 AM, Julie Krueger wrote:

Am I the only one who just this week, courtesy of my 15 year old, has finally discovered this amazing girl?

What a hard question to answer. She's certainly had lots of air time in this part of the country. But I still turn the volume up when she comes on. I'd be interested to hear if, when you see the videos of her performing, you are surprised. She's older than you might think and is one of those people whose voice image and visual image don't, in my experience, match.

David Ritchie,
occasionally up-to-date in
Portland, Oregon