[lit-ideas] Re: Reframing Christianity [was hijacking]

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:13:14 EST

I slovenly referred to the gnostic gospels as apocrypha. I should have,
instead, asked readers to take  a look at the Nag Hammadi Codices, for  example.

Julie Krueger

======
    Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Reframing Christianity [was hijacking]  Date:
2/27/06 10:17:13 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EY writes:

: The partisanship comes into view
: when the  Synoptics are dismissed as 'corruptions' of that ur-text.
:
: Who said  anything about "corruptions"? Merely reframing of earlier source
mat
: erial.  There was probably a Q, a compilation of Jesus' sayings that were
used
:  by the people who wrote the Gospels, whoever they  were...

Maybe there is more than one Q[uelle].

Maybe I've missed  something, but why has there, as far as I know, been
no mention of the  Gnostic Gospels in this thread?

Maybe the present-day Christian  Gospels are the corruption of some
G[nostic] text[s].

Which raises the  question of whether Q = G.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve  University Law School--Cleveland, OH
EMAIL: junger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu