[lit-ideas] Re: Reed Magazine: Memo to Self

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:12:37 -0230

Let me get this straight. You mean there really is a "Reed College"? Those
Newsletters certainly look real, but, hey, we're talking digital confabulation
here, surely. Does RP appear in any of the Newsletters online? Not that this
would prove anything at the end of the day, of course. I was never quite
certain who this fellow was putatively purported to be, either by
self-attribution of other-attribution.

I'm much more certain of the ontological status of Mutton College, on whose
Senate I have served for many years now. But "Reed College??" My present
conviction is either that (exclusive disjunction)it is a fanciful construction
created for purposes nefarious albeit unknown or, if real and known, then
banned for many years by the American Association of University Professors for
egregious violations of academic and libationary freedom - not necessarily in
that order.

I await enlightenement from relevant parties, and, as always, invitations to
all
parties regardless.

Walter Okshevsky
Inquisitor, Master Class
Coptic Church of Jewish Latter Day Saints
Parish of Red Bay, Labrador

http://web.reed.edu/reed_magazine/spring2007/features/what_would_say/index.html